Tanya Degurechaff is our leading lady in the Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil series. While she is definitely no angel, in fact she can be quite villainous, Tanya has a lot of qualities worth emulating.
How to be like Tanya Degurechaff
1. Make a Plan
Tanya has goals and everything she does is in effort to achieve those goals. What’s fascinating is her ability to see the opportunity for growth through every trial. Even when she is shaken her resolve only becomes more resolve. This comes from her ability to make a plan and execute it.
- Think ahead- What could go wrong? Who can help or hurt my chances? What are the costs?
- Make adjustments to your plan along the way
- Have resolve by revisiting your plan daily
2. Master Your Craft
Tanya is among the best in the mage world. This affords her the opportunity to have more control of the outcomes when waging war. So think about whatever it is you want to do in life and master it. Here are some tips:
- Practice! Practice! Practice!
- Find role models to emulate
- Prioritize tasks the will most greatly improve your skills
- Take it seriously! This is life or death!
3. Adapt or Die
Degurechaff is constantly placed in situation that could literally kill her! Although she gets frustrated by this, she doesn’t let it break her down completely. Tanya simply adapts to her new situation and finds a new strategy to make it through. Not only does she survive, she becomes more respected by her comrades and reaches new heights in her military career.
- Live in the present moment
- Turn obstacles into opportunities to improve
- Accept the things you can not change- whining is a waste of time!
4. Be Confident
This 10 year old is mighty self-reliant. Even when others think poorly of Tanya, it doesn’t change her resolve. Her confidence eventually changes the heart of most of her haters. Eventually they respect, even follow her happily. However, she doesn’t just talk the talk; she walks the walk too. So, boost up your confidence levels if you want to awaken the Tanya in you.
- Love Yourself
- Set appropriate boundaries with others
- Be a little more selfish
- Don’t allow the haters to bring you down
5.Be a Skeptic
Degurechaff is no sheep. She will even doubt whether a being whom stops time and causes tragedies/miracles is a God. Her abilities to question whats around her has given her foresight when dealing with her enemies.
- Do research before jumping to conclusions
- Don’t blindly follow anyone
- Question authority
6. Obliterate Your Enemies
Tanya doesn’t give her enemies a chance to strike back. Once she has destroyed the enemie’s front lines then she will their after your intelligence. Even if you are an “friend” you are not safe once you’ve crossed her. Degurechaff will let NOTHING or NO ONE stand in her way.
- Be weary of “friendships”
- Learn your enemies motivations
- Find the source of your problems and go straight for it
- Don’t fight fair
7.A Little Manipulation Doesn’t Hurt
When dealing with people, Tanya is a masterful manipulator. She softens her tone to create friendly allies and is dominating to create followers. She plays to her child-like features to disarm her counterparts and enemies. Tanya also keeps her agenda close to her chest. On the other hand, Tanya doesn’t appear to be easily manipulated… by other humans that is.
- Hide your main agendas from others
- Slowly work to cultivate allies
- Keep your followers guessing
If you haven’t watched the series Youjo Senki:Saga of Tanya the Evil, here are 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD.